Wednesday, November 29, 2006

DISCIPLINE PROBLEM AT SCHOOL?

A note I sent to the Teacher of my youngest after having been sent a note concerning too many trips to the restroom.....Sometimes Teachers and school administration pole vault over the things that dont amount to a hill of excrement.



29 November 06

Memorandum for Fifth Grade Supervisor of Lyndsay Fisher
Subject: Unauthorized restroom breaks

Maam;
Reference Subject above and the “Important Note” sent home in my daughters signed paper folder yesterday.
Let me preface first by stating that I love Heritage and I find the faculty and staff are exemplary in every way. All of you are overworked and underpaid in my opinion. However……..,
While I fully understand the two authorized and supervised restroom breaks during the school day, It occurs to me that Lyndsays (and most other folks) kidneys work 24/7, and are subject to result in the URGE to go certainly more than twice in the time allotted for a routine school day.
Having asked Lyndsay how far she had to travel to the latrine, I was told approximately 20 steps. Having asked her how long it took to do her “business”, I was told possibly three minutes. If I add correctly, that means she has been unsupervised this past week for a grand total of nine minutes. It is important to note that in our house she has been having unsupervised restroom visits for the last 8 years or so, and I do not recall an issue.
On a side note--If I am to understand my daughter correctly, seems that a lot of the kids are allowed water bottles in class to alleviate the need for stops at the water fountain? Thinking out loud, couldn’t this possibly cause the unauthorized restroom break?
Help me help you save the time and energy , not to mention waste of paper, by saying that I can assume the risk of Lyndsay going unsupervised to the bathroom up to but not to exceed ten (10) visit’s a day, if that is what she needs to do. If she does go to the restroom more than that, then I very well may have an issue on my hands.
If her grade point average has suffered or ever does due to her unauthorized restroom stops, please advise.
Thanks for the fine job you do in educating and caring for my child.


George L. Fisher

No comments: