Thursday, July 5, 2007

THE PERFECT DAY--5 JULY




I had an absolutely wonderful day on the 5th---heres how it went.

Slept in until 0730 without having had to get up and go tinkle the previous night.

I Got coffee, and for a few minutes gave thought to where i was two years ago on the 5th of July--crying my eyes out as i said goodbye to my family and headed to Iraq via Ft. Drum, NY.....this Juy the 5th was to be a lot better.

I went and got Mans best friend JOE and we went and played 18 holes of golf. I actually made par on one hole. Joe even said i did good. Pretty good kudos from a 15 yr old teenager.

We went to the greatest Hot dog joint on Earth, NU-WAY. We both had two all the way, a hamburger, and fries, with Medium coke with Flaky Ice. Our meal was magnificent! It made me hunch.

I went home, and took a two hour nap--uninterrupted.

Sue came home and cooked supper--Ravioli.

There was no need to put the moves on my wife and attempt any extra liberties in the budoir, not after having the day I had, so i read some of my book (The History of Beer in America) and drifted off to sleep.

Two years ago I had cried myself to sleep. This time I went to bed grinning like a opossum.

No comments: