Wednesday, August 1, 2007

One Weekend a Month, Two Weeks a Year my @#$% !!





I recently completed our annual training at Ft. Stewart. One of the highlights to our two weeks was sling load training, whereupon we learn how to hook up pieces of equipments to be flown to another place on the battlefield. High mobility, fast, flexible, and it beats driving.


Our Training Officer had initiated this several months before when we were doing all our planning, and I had made a bet with him that he wouldn't be able to pull it off. Being a bit pessimistic I had thought that our aviators would have other missions for the birds, and we would be at rock bottom of the priority list. I had gone so far (letting my mouth overload my narrow a**) as to bet Bob that "If you do it I will kiss your a** on the middle of the Parade Field at Ft. Stewart"---




I didn't take a photo of THAT EVENT but here's a photo of our training the day it happened.




Bob and the boys in the OPs shop got their Kudos and the entire 148 "Wishmasters" Battalion knew of the bet--we all had a good time with it and I still owe everyone a photo of me "puckering up"....




They even let me take part and HOOK UP the HUMMVEE to the Chopper...the blast from the blades of the Chinook almost blew me out of the Hummvee, but one of the soldiers had me by my belt loops and yelled to me over the noise of the chopper "Don't Worry, Sir--I got your Back!"




Such is the way with all those wonderful soldiers I am allowed to serve-they are magnificent. I am just fortunate enough to have a window seat.




No comments: