Saturday, August 4, 2007

Chicago Bound 27-31 August


Rejoice, Dear Hearts!

Presently I am scheduled to attend a Fiscal Law class in Chicago at the end of the month. I have opted to wait until I get to town to try and obtain tickets to the Cubs/Brewers series. I went on the Cubs site to order tickets and all that were available were single seats--having contemplated my possible dilemma with co-worker Jeff, he says they just HAVE to hold back tickets to be available on game day. That makes sense to me. After all, even though the hallowed ground of Wrigley certainly will be filled to capacity, but its the Milwaukee Brewers, for gods sakes. they are the "margarine" of baseball. I really can't say much as my Braves are currently on "sick call" their own selves.
I have been pretty fortunate in my quest to see the Major League Ballparks--I have been to Montreal, where the fans all hollar OUI, OUI! instead of HELL YEAH!; Camden Yards in Baltimore, where a guy who sat in front of me made the terrible mistake of wearing white pants while having a slight case of hemorrhoids....(cleansing breath)....Atlanta, of course (to include game six of the 95 WS win for the Braves--Veterans Stadium on Philly, and Dodger Stadium in LA. Bostons Fenway Park still eludes me insofar as game attendance, but i did get to tour the place. My pals Joe Joe Hoffman and Tim Britt called me from there during a game just two weeks ago, a trio I had to miss due to performing duty at Ft. Stewart. But with some good luck thrown my way, I will even the score by making it thru the turn styles of Wrigley Field.Once in Chi-Town, I plan to go "native", have a Chicago Hot Dog and pay homage to his holiness, Harry "HOLY COW" Carey.I may even attend that Fiscal Law class.
Wrigley Field. HOOAH! I get goose bumps just typing the words.
If I have to sell plasma or donate an organ, I will make it to Wrigley and have my photo taken therein. It is my destiny. GO CUBS!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.