Saturday, August 4, 2007

Where for Art Thou, Mans Best Friend?


My Best buddy and teen aged son Joe I have not seen in three weeks.

Inasmuch as I had to go to Annual Training at Ft. Stewart, that took me out of the loop for two weeks. On Friday before I was to arrive home, Joe calls and tells me "Hey Dad, I'm going to Mexico Beach with Colton on Saturday and will be back next weekend."



Bummer.



That has left me stuck in a houseful of Women all week. Not that there's anything wrong with that. The girls have kept me busy and I have been able to show them a little attention. I finally found out what the youngest ones name is (Lyndsay) and what grade (6th) she is in. The oldest one I discovered is a pretty good cook and has done a good job seeing to keeping the house in a good state of police. I believe her name is Amanda.



Anytime one of our little chickens leaves the roost, I miss them. And the only time I can ever get a good night sleep is when I know all of em are under one roof. Makes me wonder whats going to happen when they all get grown and leave for real.


School starts on Monday. Summer for these guys is done. When their summer is over so is mine.


I am heartbroken for them. And me.

It is now Saturday and I am like the RCA Dog waiting to hear my masters voice.

No comments: