Friday, October 1, 2010

The Greatest Monument I know of...Almost...

It had to be done.
Its been a long week, and my energy was diminishing rapidly. And it's been a long time coming...

Frederic Bartholdi can keep his Statue of Liberty--Imhotep can keep his Pyramids--and Henry Bacon can keep the Lincoln Monument. How about Gustav and his Eiffel tower? Nah, don't even go there with me.

BEHOLD........the Banana Sandwich!

It is my everlasting monument to Me. To my childhood. To my Grandma, who made them with her secret ingredient of love. To my Dad, who knew just like the Lord does, that no sandwich worth its salt shall be cut  any other way but diagonally. To Colonial Bread, now on the endangered species list. To Miracle Whip-and Hellman's, Blue Plate--insert your favorite here, I'm not going to debate it)--

It is the ultimate comfort food. You can eat this when your happy, sad, healthy, or sick in bed. It is universally delicious. One day when I'm long gone my tombstone will surely read:

                                            Here Lies George Fisher-
                                                       1962- 20--
                                         Rapscallion, Scoundrel, Soldier,
                                       master of the Four letter word, and
                                      connoisseur of the Banana Sandwich.

No comments: