Sunday, October 12, 2008

GO GO RED SOX!

Well, most of the teams I had wanted to get to the Post season go there, but their fires immediately got snuffed out. save for those wonderful Red Sox, whose Bambino curse not only has been exorcised, but hopefully has been thrown back onto the backs of the New York Yankees, who have hammering away at the foundation of the House that Ruth built as we speak to build a new venue. (i dont even want to discuss it). But my guess is the Curse of the Bambino is alive and well now-just not in Boston.

Regardless, I stayed up way past my bedtime while out of town last week and watched the Red Sox and LA Angels duke it out at Fenway for the division series--what a game--went down to bottom of ninth two outs with all the collective fingernails of Red Sox nation being chewed to the quick when rookie Jed Lowrie smacks a line drive thru the gap to right field--and the winning run scored from second. This was the kind of baseball game that makes you lose years off your life. I wanted to hoop and hollar and jump all about the place but i was in the room by myself, my buddy Jay in the next room already asleep, and all I could do was just watch the celebration on the television...

Two seconds later, my son, AKA mans best friend texted me the message "red sox win red sox win! -- it was past his bedtime too obviously but he is a bigger fan than I am---I called him up and we talked for ten minutes reliving the highlights. He had been at home watching the entire time too.


Baseball is awesome-especially when I get to watch it with Joe.

No comments: