Sunday, August 28, 2011

Wee, Wee, Wee, Woe is Me.....(The conclusion and beginning)

I had stated my case. I had fought the good fight early on and had been supported by good folks who sided with me in my plight.


Namely, my buddy Major James "Jaydawg" McNair.

He said that in order for me to secure victory in this debate that I ”should bring home charcoal, lighter fluid, and some (insert favorite brand name here) bbq sauce and have it on the kitchen counter when she gets there..... And while you are at it, cut her off this weekend. After all YOU have half the money and.........."ALL pigs, regardless of size or color were place here by the very Jesus she tried to guilt you with for ONE reason.....consumption. Mans only got one BFF-- AKA D O G. Besides, pig poop stinks. You stand tall, warrior."

Words to live by. I lived by them until I got home......

And so it came to pass, that while we awaited word about the possible acquisition of Wilbur the pig, one of my Facebook friends posted a notice (and a photo) of a teeny tiny baby pot bellied pig that a farmer in Milledgeville had for sale (amongst an entire litter of baby pigs).

"What say ye", Sayeth Sue? "When Pigs fly", says I.

I had mentioned to Wifey that perhaps if she considered two other animals in the equation ( brownchickenbrowncow) I might be easier to persuade.

What she said can't be restated.

The family had already gone crazy about the pig--any pig--Amanda sent word "I want the pig", Lyndsay said "Has Mom picked the pig up yet?" and Joe weighing in from College telling his Mom "Don't mess the pig thing up, Mom".....not to mention 80% of Howard High Schools Sophomore class, of which Lyndsay is a member...(see the first installment for where I rate in all of this).

Sunday morning. We drive to the farm over in Milledgeville and purchase a baby pot bellied piglet of a pig. We stopped back at Wal-Mart and bought a baby blanket and baby bottle so we can feed the new pig milk until she is able to eat regular pig food.

Her name is ....."Begonia".

Good grief. One more female in my house.

Spanky, my male dog, and I are presently in the Man cave.

His look says it all.




No comments: